Autoliv Inc. (ALV): Today's Featured Automotive Loser
Autoliv Inc (ALV) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Autoliv Inc fell 71 cents (-1.3%) to $52.57 on light volume. Throughout the day, 519,758 shares of Autoliv Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.30-$53.93 after having opened the day at $53.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.28. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Douglas Dynamics Inc (PLOW), down 5.3%, Miller Industries (MLR), down 3.9%, Fuel Systems Solutions Inc (FSYS), down 3.6%, and American Axle & Mfg Holdings Inc (AXL), down 3.2%. Autoliv, Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and supplies automotive safety systems to automotive industry. Autoliv Inc has a market cap of $4.46 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.3, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 32.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Autoliv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Autoliv Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV