CMS Energy (CMS) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, CMS Energy rose 20 cents (1%) to $21.12 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of CMS Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.84-$21.13 after having opened the day at $20.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.92. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: China Hydroelectric (CHC), up 11.5%, Atlas Energy (ATLS), up 2.1%, NorthWestern Corporation (NWE), up 1.9%, and Targa Resources (TRGP), up 1.9%. CMS Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company primarily in Michigan. The company operates in three segments: Electric Utility, Gas Utility, and Enterprises. CMS Energy has a market cap of $5.17 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.4, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates CMS Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full CMS Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CMS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV