China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd (CHU): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner
China Unicom (Hong Kong (CHU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, China Unicom (Hong Kong rose 13 cents (0.6%) to $21.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 719,958 shares of China Unicom (Hong Kong exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.44-$21.74 after having opened the day at $21.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.57. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Radvision (RVSN), up 34.2%, Zoom Technologies Inc (ZOOM), up 24.5%, Towerstream Corporation (TWER), up 15.5%, and Clearwire (CLWR), up 14%. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited, an investment holding company, engages in the provision of GSM and WCDMA cellular, and related telecommunications services in the People's Republic of China. China Unicom (Hong Kong has a market cap of $48.54 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 82.4, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 421.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 51.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates China Unicom (Hong Kong as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full China Unicom (Hong Kong Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV