China Unicom (Hong Kong (CHU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, China Unicom (Hong Kong rose 13 cents (0.6%) to $21.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 719,958 shares of China Unicom (Hong Kong exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.44-$21.74 after having opened the day at $21.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.57. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Radvision (RVSN), up 34.2%, Zoom Technologies Inc (ZOOM), up 24.5%, Towerstream Corporation (TWER), up 15.5%, and Clearwire (CLWR), up 14%. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited, an investment holding company, engages in the provision of GSM and WCDMA cellular, and related telecommunications services in the People's Republic of China. China Unicom (Hong Kong has a market cap of $48.54 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 82.4, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 421.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 51.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates China Unicom (Hong Kong as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full China Unicom (Hong Kong Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CHU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV