8. More businesses will hire.
Small businesses are dipping their toes in expansion and looking to hire.
"We're seeing some of our clients saying 'in '08, '09, '10 we really cut our business to the bone. We can't stay at this level. We have to hire.' I'm having some clients come to me and tell me that I have a great opportunity to grab some employees, but I need to borrow a little bit of money to make that investment," North Jersey Community Bank's Sorrentino says.
It will be a long time before we see widespread small businesses hiring. According to a September survey by Sage North America, 48% of 275 respondents said they would like to hire but were inhibited by a lack of revenue and an uncertain economy.One company that is hiring is BizBox, a maker of solar-powered, mobile showrooms. It said this week that it plans to fill 25 positions in sales, marketing and training. "The dramatic interest we've already experienced in BizBox is driving this growth," BizBox CEO Rick Sikorski says. "It is important that we have a team in place across the nation to meet the demand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV