8. More businesses will hire.
Small businesses are dipping their toes in expansion and looking to hire.
"We're seeing some of our clients saying 'in '08, '09, '10 we really cut our business to the bone. We can't stay at this level. We have to hire.' I'm having some clients come to me and tell me that I have a great opportunity to grab some employees, but I need to borrow a little bit of money to make that investment," North Jersey Community Bank's Sorrentino says.
It will be a long time before we see widespread small businesses hiring. According to a September survey by Sage North America, 48% of 275 respondents said they would like to hire but were inhibited by a lack of revenue and an uncertain economy.One company that is hiring is BizBox, a maker of solar-powered, mobile showrooms. It said this week that it plans to fill 25 positions in sales, marketing and training. "The dramatic interest we've already experienced in BizBox is driving this growth," BizBox CEO Rick Sikorski says. "It is important that we have a team in place across the nation to meet the demand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV