6. QR Codes explode
You may not know exactly what a QR code is or how to use one in your business, but you've definitely seen them.
QR codes, or quick-response codes, are an extension of the mobile bandwagon in which businesses can promote exclusive deals via their social media outlets or Web site, according to Shoutlet, a platform that manages and measures social media content.
A QR code is read using a smartphone QR reader app and, once scanned, gives the user more details about a specific event, product, deal or company -- usually by sending a smartphone browser to a specified URL."QR codes were predicted to fade quickly, but there has since been a massive increase in their use on everything from advertising campaigns to product packaging," says Sabrina Koester, an account manager at The Eisen Agency and the director of the firm's small business arm. "Their easy accessibility and novelty factor make them an appealing marketing tactic [from] the biggest brands in the world right down to family-owned businesses." QR codes are an attractive marketing tactic for small businesses because "they are simple to create, free to generate and easy to track," Koester says. They're also an easy way for businesses to quickly connect customers to contact information, social media sites and coupons, she adds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV