But Jerry Nettuno, founder and CEO of Schedulicity, a Web-based tool for small businesses to keep track of their appointments, predicts that as merchants learn from their mistakes, "random go-for-broke deals will evolve into well-thought-out offers."
"This gives merchants the opportunity to strengthen loyalty by offering targeted, hyperlocal deals and offers of perishable appointment-based inventory," he adds. "The more geographically concentrated the consumer base, the better chance of turning deal-seekers into repeat customers."He also sees digital "coupon books" gaining traction within the next two years to give small businesses an "engaged, active audience" -- another way for businesses to expand on existing consumer relationships with hyperlocal offers. "We'll see a growth in local offer networks, consumer-personalized dashboards and deals with specific targets in mind versus going out to the masses," Nettuno says. On the other hand, Scott Hirsch, founder of appsbar, says businesses will do away with digital coupon services altogether, preferring to build it themselves. "As more people join the apps revolution, smart businesses are learning that there are a host of free tools available to get them involved and get noticed on smartphones," Hirsch says. Including those of his company. Appsbar is an online resource -- the first, Hirsch claims -- that lets any business, regardless of tech experience, build and publish a professional-level app for free. "Now businesses can build their own apps, engage with customers on their own terms -- and deliver digital coupons without the headache and revenue sharing presented by third-parties," he says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV