- Earnings per share was $1.89 on a non-GAAP basis, which exceeded the Company’s guidance and the consensus estimate and represents an increase of 13% over the prior year’s third quarter non-GAAP earnings per share of $1.67.
- GAAP earnings per share was $1.54, and included a one-time unplanned pre-tax expense of $20.7 million incurred in connection with the Company’s buyout of the Tommy Hilfiger perpetual license in India, as compared to the Company’s guidance of at least $1.67. GAAP earnings per share in the prior year’s third quarter was $1.39.
- Revenue increased 9% to $1.654 billion over the prior year’s third quarter. The revenue increase is primarily attributable to the net effect of (i) an increase of $118.2 million, or 17%, in the Tommy Hilfiger business; (ii) an increase of $28.7 million, or 11%, in the Calvin Klein business; partially offset by (iii) a decline of $9.2 million, or 2%, in the Heritage Brands business.
- Earnings before interest and taxes on a non-GAAP basis increased 5% to $227.3 million, due to strong overall performance in the faster growing Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein businesses, partially offset by lower gross margin rates primarily due to anticipated product cost increases.
- GAAP earnings before interest and taxes improved to $196.8 million from $178.3 million in the prior year’s third quarter, primarily due to revenue growth and the impact of reduced acquisition, integration and restructuring charges, partially offset by lower gross margin rates, which were anticipated.
PVH Corp. Reports 2011 Third Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.