One more under-$10 stock that's starting to trigger a breakout trade today is QuickLogic (QUIK), which develops and markets semiconductor solutions. This stock has been crushed by the bears in 2011, with shares off by over 58%. If you take a look at the chart for QuickLogic, you'll notice that this stock recently found some big buying support at $2.11 to $2.15 a share. After buyers stepped in to own shares at those levels, the stock has started to soar and has now triggered a big breakout above some overhead resistance levels. Those key levels the stock has now started to move some near-term overhead resistance at $2.39 and its 50-day moving average of $2.44 a share.
Traders should now watch for QUIK to sustain a move and close above $2.44 on high volume. Volume today has already registered 245,000 shares, which is well above its three-month average volume of 197,300 shares, so watch for a close on the stock above $2.44 to trigger a bullish trade. At last check, the stock is trading at $2.66, which is only a few cents off its daily high of $2.74. If we get that strong close with volume, then this stock has a great chance to trade back towards its 200-day moving average of $3.27 or possibly much higher.
You could be a buyer of this stock off any noticeable weakness and simply use a mental stop just below the 50-day at $2.44. I would then add to any long positions once QUIK moves back above its 200-day at $3.27 with volume. Target a run back toward its next significant overhead resistance level at $4.64 if the 200-day is taken out with volume in the coming days or weeks.To see more hot under-$10 stocks like Canadian Solar (CSIQ), Asset Acceptance Capital (AACC) and Allos Therapeutics (ALTH), check out the Stocks Under-$10 Setting Up To Trade Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV