Richard Greene is our winner. He'll get an autographed copy of Jim Cramer's Getting Back To Even. Thanks to all for playing. See the answers below.
1. In early September, Dendreon (DNDN) CEO Mitchell Gold announced he was laying off about a quarter of the biotech company's workforce to reduce expenses in the face of less-than-expected sales of prostate cancer treatment Provenge. Among those sent packing was the company's chief marketing officer, who Gold specifically hired from Bayer the prior year for his marketing prowess. What was his name?A. Jim King B. Frank Knight C. Hal Castle D. Hans Bishop Answer: D. Gold took his former golden-boy Hans Bishop off the board.
2. Shares of Jinko Solar (JKS) got dumped in mid-September, losing almost 30% after the photovoltaic cell-maker got busted for doing what? A. Dumping toxic waste into a Shanghai river B. Dumping points in the Chinese corporate basketball league C. Pumping and dumping its own stock D. All the dumping above Answer: A. Jinko dumped toxic residue into the river causing locals to riot and the stock to plummet.
3. A rogue trader was unearthed at UBS (UBS) in September and was reported to have lost the bank $2.3 billion. And if that wasn't bad enough, what did UBS CEO Oswald Gruebel tell analysts about his bank's risk management only three months before the jaw-dropping loss was discovered? A. "Risk? We don't got no stinking risk!" B. "We have no undue risk in our positions." C. "Risk is my favorite game. Especially when I move troops into Siam." D. "No Roger, no Rerun, no risk." Answer: B. Oswald didn't see it coming and was forced to resign over his bank's bungling in September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV