Casey's General Stores
Casey's General Stores (CASY), one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated food and staples stocks, operates convenience stores under the name Casey's General Store, HandiMart and Just Diesel in 11 Midwestern states, primarily Iowa, Missouri and Illinois. This stock is trading down 0.45% at $53.14 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $54.22 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $53.07-$54.2252-week Range: $35.39-$54.22 Volume: 104,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 287,873 This stock tagged a new 52-week high today as investors bid up shares in front of their latest earnings report, which is scheduled for Dec. 6, 2011. Casey's General Stores has a market cap of $2.02 billion and an enterprise value of $2.57 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 21.65 and a forward price-to-earnings of 14.97. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 20.1%, and for next year it's pegged at 14.1%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Casey's General Stores is decent at 6.3%. From a technical standpoint, this stock is starting to challenge a big breakout today above some past overhead resistance at $52.87. Market players should now watch for this stock to sustain a high-volume move and close over $52.87 to trigger a bigger trend higher. If we get a close over $52.87 on volume that's near or above 287,873, then look to swing this stock from the long side into their earnings report. That doesn't mean hold it through earnings, though -- just look to make a quick trade if that breakout triggers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV