Costco Wholesale (COST), with its subsidiaries, operates membership warehouses that offer its members low prices on a limited selection of branded and selected private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. This stock is trading up 1.5% at $86.66 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $87.68 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $84.96-$87.6852-week Range: $68.13-$87.68 Volume: 1,787,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 2,653,240 Costco Wholesale has a market cap of $37.62 billion and an enterprise value of $33.67 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 26.25 and a forward price-to-earnings of 19.61. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 17%, and for next year it's pegged at 14.5%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Costco Wholesale is very low at just 1.4%. This stock is printing new highs today after the company reported a 9% rise in its November same-store sales. Costco said net sales soared 11% to $7.51 billion, from $6.78 billion in the same period a year-ago. From a technical standpoint, this stock is flirting with a breakout today since shares have started to move above some past overhead resistance at $85.89 to $86.09. Traders should now watch for a sustained move and close above $86.09 on high volume. Look for volume to register close to or above 2.65 million. If we get that action, then I expect this stock to start marching towards $100, as long as COST doesn't trade back below those key breakout levels. Costco is a holding in Warren Buffett's portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV