InterContinental Hotels Group
Hotels might see a pop this season while more people travel, and InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) gets a buy rating from Telsey Group analyst Christopher Jones. He noted that key gateway markets, including New York, San Francisco and Miami, are seeing strong tourism and IHG has hotels in some of these markets.
From an investment standpoint, Jones noted that IHG keeps expanding but also has one of the lowest valuations among its peers. He considers the company to be "very underleveraged."
IHG's operating revenue increased to $467 million in the third quarter from $421 million the previous year. The hotel chain has been able to outperform the industry because of sustained results from relaunching the Holiday Inn, said CEO Richard Solomons in the company's third-quarter earnings report.IHG will be rolling out a plan of several years for its Crowne Plaza brand. Shares of IHG are down almost 12% year to date. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Travel Stocks to Ring in New Year portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV