InterContinental Hotels Group
Hotels might see a pop this season while more people travel, and InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) gets a buy rating from Telsey Group analyst Christopher Jones. He noted that key gateway markets, including New York, San Francisco and Miami, are seeing strong tourism and IHG has hotels in some of these markets.
From an investment standpoint, Jones noted that IHG keeps expanding but also has one of the lowest valuations among its peers. He considers the company to be "very underleveraged."
IHG's operating revenue increased to $467 million in the third quarter from $421 million the previous year. The hotel chain has been able to outperform the industry because of sustained results from relaunching the Holiday Inn, said CEO Richard Solomons in the company's third-quarter earnings report.IHG will be rolling out a plan of several years for its Crowne Plaza brand. Shares of IHG are down almost 12% year to date. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Travel Stocks to Ring in New Year portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV