Another international company that's a buy, according to Syth, is Copa (CPA). The Latin American airline has the advantage of flying at an easier trajectory than some of its other Southern hemisphere counterparts, Syth said. It's central location of Panama is also advantageous.
As an investment, Copa has great margins, Syth said, and will not be as severely affected if oil prices go up because its customers are from countries that are commodities-based. The company is growing capacity and has earnings growth, Syth added.
Copa reported third-quarter operating income of $102.2 million, up 38.2% from last year. Total revenue rose 31.3% to $476.8 million.Shares of Copa are up almost 10% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV