If discount airlines are going to see a spike in travelers, Ryanair (RYAAY) should see a sizable bump as it offers fares 30% lower than its next discount competitor, Syth said.
From an investment standpoint, Syth noted Ryanair has a strong balance sheet and is strategically moving capacity to the markets where the company makes more money.
Ryanair's 2012 half-year earnings were up 20% to €451.9 million. The airliner raised its average fares 13%.Shares of Ryanair are down about 2% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV