NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It's been a tough year for investing in travel stocks despite solid fundamentals in the space. But travel stocks could take flight this holiday season as more people plan to take a vacation or visit family and friends.
Travel is expected to be up 5% this holiday season, according to a survey conducted by TripAdvisor, a travel deals and reviews Web site. Of those surveyed, 46% said they will fly this holiday season, up from 43% last year.
In addition, 2% more people plan to travel for Christmas and 3% more on New Year's Day this year, the TripAdvisor survey said.
New Year's Day is particularly big in Las Vegas, which typically sees a spike in travelers on that holiday, according to ITG Investment Research analyst Matthew Jacob.As more people take to the skies this holiday season, here are some stocks to help you ring in the new year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV