Editor's note: The headline of this story was changed to reflect the degree to which any Yahoo!-Alibaba deal was threatened by China-U.S. politics. Alibaba CEO Jack Ma did not say that a potential deal for Yahoo! could be "halted" but rather that it had faced "political issues."
When the news broke Wednesday of another bid for the Internet company", Yahoo! shares ticked higher after hours. A consortium of companies, including Alibaba, private-equity firms Blackstone (BX) and Bain Capital, and Japanese firm Softbank have talked about doing a joint deal for Yahoo! in the range of $20 a share. The supposed deal would value Yahoo! at $25 billion.
|More suitors for Yahoo! are appearing by the day.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV