GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., Dec. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --The IT team at Boise State University did its homework and chose CIBER to handle an upgrade of Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions software. "We were impressed with CIBER's leadership team, attention to project management and performance on similar projects," said Max Davis-Johnson, associate vice president and CIO at Boise State University. The 11-month project was approved by the Idaho State Board of Education and kicked off in November.
Boise State has been using PeopleSoft for more than a dozen years and, along the way, university IT staff added numerous customizations to enhance functionality in student services, finance and human resources. Now, many of those functions come standard in the PeopleSoft applications, so the University decided to upgrade the system to position the school for more cost-efficient maintenance and system operations in the future."We expect this upgrade to help us improve processes and free up our scarce IT resources for more core technology work," said Davis-Johnson. "This is in line with the enterprise roadmap we are pursuing. By reducing the level of customizations and using products as delivered, we anticipate gaining efficienices in operation and easier integrations with other campus systems." PeopleSoft Campus Solutions has the ability to integrate with a variety of applications, including those used for learning management, library maintenance, fundraising, recruiting, human resources and more. The upgraded software will also give end users greater capabilities for self-service because it allows for appropriately secured, role-based access to information. CIBER will manage the system upgrades and integrations, as well as remove customizations currently in place. The company also is assisting with business process re-engineering to help university staff get the most from their new software.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV