DENVER, Dec. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE: BBG) announced today that its Board of Directors appointed Kevin O. Meyers, Ph.D. as an independent director effective today. Dr. Meyers will serve on the Audit and Nominating Committees of the Board of Directors.
Dr. Meyers retired from ConocoPhillips in 2010 where he served for 10 years. ConocoPhillips is a publicly traded integrated energy company. Dr. Meyers held various positions including Senior Vice President, Exploration and Production, Americas and President of ConocoPhillips Canada. From 1980 to 2000, Dr. Meyers held various positions with ARCO including President, ARCO Alaska. Dr. Meyer's background includes a Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Mathematics from Capital University and a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He currently serves as a director for Denbury Resources Inc., Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc., Precision Drilling Corporation and the World Energy Council.
Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President Fred Barrett commented: "Kevin has an impressive academic background and extensive oil and gas E&P experience, including operations and engineering. His reputation and expertise is recognized industry-wide. I also believe that his management and executive experience at ConocoPhillips, and previously at ARCO, will be a tremendous benefit to our Company and its stockholders. We are very excited to welcome Kevin to our Board of Directors. "
About Bill Barrett Corporation Bill Barrett Corporation (NYSE: BBG), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, explores for and develops natural gas and oil in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. Additional information about the Company may be found on its website www.billbarrettcorp.com.SOURCE Bill Barrett Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV