SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT UNDER THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995This release contains "forward-looking-statements" within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding the prevalence and causes of Frozen Shoulder syndrome; the effectiveness of XIAFLEX in treating Frozen Shoulder syndrome; the design, methodology, timing, safety and endpoints of the phase IIa study of XIAFLEX for the treatment of Frozen Shoulder syndrome; the potential for XIAFLEX to be used in multiple indications; and products in development for Peyronie's disease and cellulite.
Forward-looking statements often address Auxilium's expected future financial position or business strategy and plans and objectives of management for future operations. Forward-looking statements provide Auxilium's current expectations or forecasts of future events. Auxilium's performance and financial results could differ materially from those reflected in these forward-looking statements due to various risks and uncertainties.
A more detailed list and description of the risks and uncertainties that Auxilium faces may be found under the heading "Risk Factors" in Auxilium's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010 and Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2011, which are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, any or all of the forward-looking statements contained in this release may prove to be incorrect. Therefore, you should not rely on any such factors or forward-looking statements. Auxilium undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement.
CONTACT: James E. FickenscherChief Financial Officer, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.+1-484-321-5900 firstname.lastname@example.org William Q. Sargent Jr.Vice-President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications+1-484-321-5900 email@example.com References
(1) Rizk TE, Pinals RS. Frozen shoulder. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1982 May;11(4):440-452.(2) Grey RG. The natural history of "idiopathic" frozen shoulder. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1978 Jun;60(4):564.(3) Hsu JE, Anakwenze OA, Warrender WJ, Abboud JA. Current review of adhesive capsulitis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2011 Mar;20(3):502-14.(4) Reeves B. The natural history of the frozen shoulder syndrome. Scand J Rheumatol. 1975;4(4):193-196.(5) Pal B, Anderson J, Dick WC, Griffiths D. Limitation of joint mobility and shoulder capsulitis in insulin and non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Br J Rheumatol. 1986;25:147-51.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts