XI'AN, China, Nov. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- China Green Agriculture, Inc. (NYSE: CGA; "China Green Agriculture" or the "Company"), a producer and distributor of humic acid based compound fertilizers, blended fertilizers, organic compound fertilizers, mixed organic-inorganic compound fertilizers, slow-release fertilizers, highly-concentrated water soluble fertilizers, mixed organic-inorganic compound fertilizers and agricultural products, such as top-grade fruits, vegetables, flowers and colored seedlings through its wholly owned subsidiaries in China, Shaanxi TechTeam Jinong Humic Acid Product Co., Ltd. ("Jinong"), Beijing Gufeng Chemical Products Co., Ltd. ("Gufeng"), Xi'an Jintai Agriculture Technology Development Company ("Jintai") and Xi'an Hu County Yuxing Agriculture Technology Development Co., Ltd. ("Yuxing"), will be holding its 2011 annual shareholders meeting (the "Annual Meeting") on Friday, December 9, 2011, at 10:00 a.m., local time, at the headquarters of its wholly-owned subsidiary Beijing Gufeng Chemical Products Co., Ltd, located at No. 6 Mafang Logistics Park, Pinggu, Beijing, People's Republic of China.
The Annual Meeting will be held for the purpose of considering and voting upon the following matters:
- to elect five (5) directors to the Company's board of directors;
- to hold a non-binding advisory vote on executive compensation, a so-called "Say-on-Pay" proposal;
- to hold a non-binding advisory vote on the frequency of the advisory vote on executive compensation, a so-called "Say-When-on-Pay" proposal; and
- to transact such other business as may properly come before the Annual Meeting or any adjournment thereof.
Shareholders of record as of October 17, 2011 are entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the Annual Meeting. The Company filed its definitive proxy statement containing the notice of its annual meeting and proxy statement on Schedule 14A with the Securities and Exchange Commission on October 27, 2011. The Company mailed the meeting notice, proxy statement, and its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2011 to shareholders of record, which materials are available online at the Company's website at http://www.ir-site.com/cgagri/sec.asp, or at proxy v ote.co m (using the "control number" received with your proxy materials).
Record owners of the Company's common stock whose holdings are in certificate form and reflected on the books of the Company's transfer agent have been mailed copies of the notice of meeting, proxy statement, annual report and proxy card, and are encouraged to return their proxy card identifying their vote on the shareholder proposals contained in and described in the proxy. Shareholders that hold their shares in "street name" should receive the Company's proxy and associated information directly from their brokers. Copies are also available on the aforementioned websites described above.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV