NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Alibaba, Softbank, The Blackstone Group (BX)and Bain Capital are reportedly in advanced talks to make a bid on all of Yahoo! (YHOO), according to Bloomberg, which cited unnamed sources.
The news continues a frenzied Wednesday as earlier reports indicated that Silver Lake and a consortium of investors are bidding for a minority stake in the company that would value shares at $16.60 each.
Yahoo!'s board, which is meeting Wednesday to discuss the offers it's received, would seem to have plenty of options to sift through. Bloomberg also said that TPG Capital, another private equity firm rumored to be participating in the Yahoo! sweepstakes, may have submitted a higher bid than Silver Lake.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV