The Western Union Company (WU): Today's Featured Diversified Services Winner
Western Union Company (WU) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 4.3%. By the end of trading, Western Union Company rose 72 cents (4.3%) to $17.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.2 million shares of Western Union Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.98-$17.47 after having opened the day at $17.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.72. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: Command Security Corporation (MOC), up 22.3%, Genetic Technologies (GENE), up 19.1%, CyberDefender (CYDE), up 18.4%, and Phoenix New Media Ltd ADR (FENG), up 18.2%. The Western Union Company provides money transfer and payment services worldwide. The company's Consumer-to-Consumer segment offers consumer-to-consumer money transfer services through a network of third-party agents using multi-currency and real-time money transfer processing systems. Western Union Company has a market cap of $10.33 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.2, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates The Western Union as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full The Western Union Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV