Pharmasset Inc. (VRUS): Today's Featured Drugs Loser
Pharmasset Inc (VRUS) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.6%. By the end of trading, Pharmasset Inc fell $1.44 (-1.1%) to $130.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of Pharmasset Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $130.40-$132.50 after having opened the day at $132.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $132.43. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Poniard Pharmaceuticals Inc (PARDD), down 14.4%, Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP), down 12.7%, Marina Biotech Inc (MRNA), down 9.1%, and AspenBio Pharma Inc (APPY), down 8.1%. Pharmasset, Inc., a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, engages in discovering, developing, and commercializing novel drugs to treat viral infections. Pharmasset Inc has a market cap of $10.09 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 508% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pharmasset as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, weak operating cash flow and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Pharmasset Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV