An Apple Television
Steve Jobs revealed in his biography that he had "finally cracked" how to create an Apple television, something he had longed to do for years.
There is increasing speculation that the company will come out with a television set, perhaps as early as next year. Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster recently made some comments that Apple could be planning to release multiple sizes of the television.
CEO Tim Cook has overseen the launch of the Verizon (VZ) iPhone and the iPhone 4S, but the iPhone originally launched under Jobs. An Apple-branded TV would be the first venture into a new product area with Cook at the helm.
Daily Deal Sites Go BustDaily deal sites such as Groupon (GRPN), Living Social, Google Offers, Amazon Daily Deals, and a host of other sites gained traction in 2011. Groupon was the first to go public, raising $700 million in its initial public offering. The deal was met with some skepticism however as analysts wondered about slowing revenue growth at the company, and its "economic moat," which refers to its ability to stop others from entering the space. With a host of new daily deal sites popping up all the time, one of these major players could end up on the rocks.
Tax Repatriation Sparks Tech M&AAs the United States struggles to get the national deficit under control, there will be increased pressure from Washington to do a tax repatriation holiday. Many tech firms such as Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc. have significant amounts of cash overseas. Instead of using the cash to create jobs as Washington wants, tech companies are more likely to use the tax holiday to benefit shareholders and themselves. That could translate to some sizable tech mergers, and cloud computing companies may see heavy demand. Some names mentioned in the past have been Salesforce.com (CRM), Red Hat (RHT) and Citrix Systems (CTXS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV