NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Which business apps, software and Web services are most loved by small-business owners?
While it's easy to say anything created by Google (GOOG), Intuit (INTU), Apple (AAPL) and eBay's (EBAY) PayPal are some of the most used applications by start-ups and small businesses, there are a bunch of smaller names that are "beloved" by business owners.
BestVendor has created a social directory of sorts to help small businesses make smarter buying decisions through peer recommendations.
Roughly 3,000 start-up and small-business owners told BestVendor which "work apps" they use the most and if they would recommend them to others. Here is the cream of the crop. (The list includes only applications that were used at least 20 times.)
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV