- Shares of Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $5.25 Monday, down 61% year-to-date. The mean price target for the shares on Dec. 31, 2010, among analysts polled by FactSet, was $18.16. At this point, 10 out of 24 sell-side analysts covering Bank of America still rate the shares a buy (with 13 neutral ratings and one sell rating), and the consensus price target is $9.53.
- Shares of Citigroup (C - Get Report), declined 47% year-to-date, to close at $25.05. The consensus price target for Citi -- adjusting for the 1-for-10 reverse split on May 6 -- was $53.55 at the end of last year. Now the consensus 12-month price target is $42.39, with 16 out of 22 analysts rating the shares a buy. Four analysts have neutral ratings and two recommend selling the shares.
- JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) was down 30% year-to-date, closing at $29.16 Monday. The consensus price target for the shares was $52.62 at the end of last year. Analysts still love JPMorgan, as 23 out of 25 rate the shares a buy, with two neutral ratings. The consensus price target is now $45.91.
- Wells Fargo (WFC - Get Report) has fared best among the big four this year, with shares sliding "only" 21% through Monday's close at $24.15. The mean price target at the end of last year was $36.25. The consensus price target is now $32.57, with 20 out of 23 analysts rating the shares a buy, while two analysts have neutral ratings and one analyst recommends investors part with the share.
10 Bank Stocks Beating Analysts' Price Targets
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.