But the two-screen experience will gone beyond commerce, Yankovich says, to include social elements, like companion apps to prime-time series.
This trend will be accelerated by the roll out of televisions with Blutooth and Wi-fi capabilities, Yankovich says, allowing users to connect their televisions to their smartphone or tablet.
"It has become less about connecting the TV to the Internet and more about connecting it you -- the users' preferred device."
-Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV