The crippling fear that had plagued the global market during most of November appears to have fallen by the wayside as investors gear up for the final weeks of 2011. As I explained earlier this week, while the recent bout of upward action may be encouraging, it is important to keep a level head in this volatile environment. It is still young, but the PowerShares S&P 500 Low Volatility Portfolio has already shown during its short lifetime that it is well-equipped to weather the challenges of a choppy market.
Keep this fund on the radar. Looking ahead, it stands a strong chance of becoming a mainstay within the ETF universe.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV