Am I Diversified?
Cramer spoke with callers to see if their portfolios have what it takes. The first caller's portfolio included Arris (ARRS), Caterpillar (CAT), Clorox (CLX), International Paper (IP) and Enbridge (ENB).
Cramer said "bingo," noting this portfolio was well played.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on Pengrowth Energy Trust (PGH), Walt Disney (DIS), Salesforce.com (CRM), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) and Sanofi-Aventis (SNY). Cramer was bearish on Microsoft (MSFT), Radioshack (RSH) and Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX).
Closing CommentsIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer asked the question, has housing finally bottomed? He said the new and existing home sales data won't tell you, but the employment reports will. Cramer said that despite what you may have heard, it's not the foreclosure rate or the number of underwater mortgages that are keeping home prices low, it's the number of people without a job. For years the U.S. built too many homes, then the government made the situation worse by offering tax breaks to home builders and tax credits to home buyers. With record low mortgage rates, Cramer said that buyers and builders don't need incentives. He said buyers need jobs to secure mortgages. Once employment picks up, so too will the housing market. That's why today's ADP employment report was so promising, he said. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV