Patriot Coal (PCX), together with its subsidiaries, is a producer of thermal coal in the eastern U.S., with operations and coal reserves in the Appalachia and the Illinois Basin coal regions. This stock is trading up 14% to $9.91 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $9.32-$10.0752-Week Range: $6.92-$29.20 Volume: 4,128,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 7,722,710 From a technical standpoint, this stock is starting to bounce big today off of extreme oversold levels. Just a few trading sessions ago, the RSI reading for PCX hit near 30, which indicates an oversold condition. Market players should now watch for the next buy point to trigger once PCX can clear its 50-day moving average of $10.02 on high volume. Look for a sustained move and close over $10.02 on volume that's tracking in close to or above 7,722,710. If we get that action, then look for this stock to quickly challenge $12.50 to $13.50 in the near future. Patriot Coal was also featured in "5 Breakout Trades to Avoid Eurozone Fallout."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV