5 High-Volume Movers to Watch
Randgold Resources (GOLD) is engaged in gold mining, exploration and related activities.
Yesterday's Volume: 1,328,600Average Volume: 787,341 Volume % Change: 60% This gold mining stock jumped sharply Tuesday after Investec Securities upgraded the stock to a buy from hold rating. The firm told clients to use any declines in share prices as a buying opportunity. Market players should now watch for a sustained move and close above its 50-day moving average $106.34 on volume that's close to or well above its three-month average action of 787,341 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for this stock to continue to trend higher back toward $110. Rangold shows up on a recent list of Hedge Funds' Best Picks for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV