5 High-Volume Movers to Watch
Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing therapies that target the molecular mechanisms that cause cancer.
Yesterday's Volume: 4,073,900Average Volume: 1,278,280 Volume % Change: 211% This stock added yesterday to its large gains from Monday of 14% as shares continue to attract buyers off optimism the company may be sold. A Bloomberg article mentioned that two people with knowledge of the matter said that the company is exploring options including a possible sale. From a technical standpoint , this stock is running into some big overhead resistance at $45.90 to $46.07, where the sellers are overwhelming the buyers. Despite the strong moves in this stock the last two trading sessions, I would not get interested from the long side until it can manage to take those resistance levels out with volume. This feels more like a case of sell-the-rumor than buy-the-rumor since the stock ran right into resistance. I would only change my mind if ONXX can manage to sustain a high-volume move and close above $46.07 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV