Such factors include, among others:
- general economic and business conditions;
- fluctuations in the demand for advertising and demand for different types of advertising media;
- our ability to service our outstanding debt;
- increased competition in our markets and the broadcasting industry;
- our ability to attract and secure programming, on-air talent, writers and photographers;
- inability to obtain (or to obtain timely) necessary approvals for purchase or sale transactions or to complete the transactions for other reasons generally beyond our control;
- increases in the costs of programming, including on-air talent;
- inability to grow through suitable acquisitions;
- changes in audience measurement systems;
- new or changing regulations of the Federal Communications Commission or other governmental agencies;
- competition from new or different technologies;
- war, terrorist acts or political instability; and
- other factors mentioned in documents filed by Emmis with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
All forward-looking statements are based on information available to Emmis on the date of this press release, and Emmis does not undertake, and specifically disclaims, any obligation or responsibility to update, amend or revise any forward-looking statements or information above except as otherwise required by law. More information about potential factors that could affect Emmis' business and financial results is included in the offer to purchase and Emmis' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, Emmis' Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended February 28, 2011 and subsequent periodic and current reports.
About Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS)
Emmis Communications Corporation is a diversified media company, principally focused on radio broadcasting. Emmis operates the 8th largest publicly traded radio portfolio in
the United States
based on total listeners. Emmis owns 18 FM and two AM radio stations in New York,
(Emmis has a 50.1% controlling interest in Emmis' radio stations located there),
Terre Haute, IN.
Transmittal and other related materials will be furnished promptly by the Information Agent at Emmis' expense. Shareholders may also contact their broker, dealer, commercial bank, trust company or other nominee or trust company for assistance concerning the tender offer.
The Information Agent for the tender offer is:
BNY Mellon Shareowner Services480 Washington Boulevard, 27th Floor
Jersey City, NJ
Call Toll Free: (866) 301-0524
Call Collect: (201) 680-6579
SOURCE Emmis Communications Corporation