Such factors include, among others:
- general economic and business conditions;
- fluctuations in the demand for advertising and demand for different types of advertising media;
- our ability to service our outstanding debt;
- increased competition in our markets and the broadcasting industry;
- our ability to attract and secure programming, on-air talent, writers and photographers;
- inability to obtain (or to obtain timely) necessary approvals for purchase or sale transactions or to complete the transactions for other reasons generally beyond our control;
- increases in the costs of programming, including on-air talent;
- inability to grow through suitable acquisitions;
- changes in audience measurement systems;
- new or changing regulations of the Federal Communications Commission or other governmental agencies;
- competition from new or different technologies;
- war, terrorist acts or political instability; and
- other factors mentioned in documents filed by Emmis with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
All forward-looking statements are based on information available to Emmis on the date of this press release, and Emmis does not undertake, and specifically disclaims, any obligation or responsibility to update, amend or revise any forward-looking statements or information above except as otherwise required by law. More information about potential factors that could affect Emmis' business and financial results is included in the offer to purchase and Emmis' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, Emmis' Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended February 28, 2011 and subsequent periodic and current reports.
About Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS)
Emmis Communications Corporation is a diversified media company, principally focused on radio broadcasting. Emmis operates the 8th largest publicly traded radio portfolio in the United States based on total listeners. Emmis owns 18 FM and two AM radio stations in New York, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Austin (Emmis has a 50.1% controlling interest in Emmis' radio stations located there), Indianapolis and Terre Haute, IN.Transmittal and other related materials will be furnished promptly by the Information Agent at Emmis' expense. Shareholders may also contact their broker, dealer, commercial bank, trust company or other nominee or trust company for assistance concerning the tender offer. The Information Agent for the tender offer is:BNY Mellon Shareowner Services480 Washington Boulevard, 27th Floor Jersey City, NJ 07310 Call Toll Free: (866) 301-0524Call Collect: (201) 680-6579 SOURCE Emmis Communications Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV