ROSH HAAYIN, Israel, November 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Pointer Telocation Ltd. (Nasdaq CM: PNTR, TASE: PNTR) - a leading developer, manufacturer and operator of Mobile Resource Management (MRM) and roadside assistance services for the automotive industry, announced today its financial results for the third quarter of 2011.
David Mahlab, Chief Executive Officer of Pointer, commented on the results: "We are pleased to report continuous growth in revenues and services in the third quarter, resulting from the increase in our business in Latin America and Israel. Our business in Brazil serves as a growth engine and we expect this momentum to continue in the coming quarters. We also expect an additional increase in our revenues from services in Israel. Nevertheless, the uncertainties in Europe and the global market, the high US Dollar exchange rate vs. the Israeli Shekel, and the tax increases expected in Israel tax rates in 2012, are all likely to affect the company's future financial results, and will require us to make adjustments to meet the challenging market conditions in the fourth quarter and in 2012. During 2011, Pointer continued to develop new products and penetrated new markets to reinforce and expand its customer base, consequently, we are confident that in the long run, this strategy will bear fruit, including improvements in our bottom line".
Financial HighlightsRevenues: Pointer's revenues for the third quarter of 2011 increased 21% to $22.3 million, as compared to $18.5 million in the third quarter of 2010. In the first nine months of 2011, revenues increased 22% to $65.5 million, as compared to $53.5 million in the first nine months of 2010. International activities for the third quarter and for the first nine months of 2011 were 28% of total revenues, as compared to 26% of total revenues in the first nine months of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV