Patterson Companies Inc. (PDCO): Today's Featured Wholesale Loser
Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Patterson Companies Inc fell 38 cents (-1.3%) to $28.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Patterson Companies Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.72-$29.41 after having opened the day at $29.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.11. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: China Metro-Rural Holdings (CNR), down 13.4%, Rada Electronics Industries Inc (RADA), down 12.7%, Bluelinx Holdings Inc (BXC), down 10%, and China Armco Metals Inc (CNAM), down 9.3%. Patterson Companies, Inc. operates as a distributor serving the dental, companion-pet veterinarian, and rehabilitation supply markets in North America. Patterson Companies Inc has a market cap of $3.33 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, below the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 15.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Patterson Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Patterson Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV