Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras (PBR.A) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras fell 15 cents (-0.6%) to $23.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.7 million shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.34-$24.06 after having opened the day at $23.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.66. Other company's within the Energy industry that declined today were: Recovery Energy Inc (RECV), down 14.6%, Samson Oil & Gas (SSN), down 11.8%, Transocean (RIG), down 9.4%, and Zion Oil & Gas Inc (ZN), down 9%. Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. primarily engages in oil and natural gas exploration and production, refining, trade, and transportation businesses. Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras has a market cap of $159.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 30.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PBR.A
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV