CPFL Energy SA (CPL): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
CPFL Energy (CPL) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, CPFL Energy fell 39 cents (-1.5%) to $25.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 492,702 shares of CPFL Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 414,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.15-$25.93 after having opened the day at $25.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.66. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: China Hydroelectric (CHC), down 42.9%, Evergreen Energy Inc (EEE), down 38%, Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT), down 5.9%, and American DG Energy Inc (ADGE), down 5.9%. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and sale of electricity in Brazil. It generates electricity through hydroelectric, thermal, biomass, and wind power plants. CPFL Energy has a market cap of $11.76 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.7, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of nine and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates CPFL Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full CPFL Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV