Starbucks Corporation (SBUX): Today's Featured Leisure Winner
Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) pushed the Leisure industry higher today making it today's featured leisure winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Starbucks Corporation rose 36 cents (0.9%) to $42.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of Starbucks Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.77-$42.75 after having opened the day at $42.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.85. Other companies within the Leisure industry that increased today were: Granite City Food & Brewery (GCFB), up 9.3%, Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW), up 5.3%, Multimedia Games Holding Co Inc (MGAM), up 3.9%, and Ark Restaurants (ARKR), up 3.1%. Starbucks Corporation purchases and roasts whole bean coffees. It operates 6,705 company-operated stores and 4,082 licensed stores in the United States; and 2,326 company-operated stores and 3,890 licensed stores in Canada, the U.K., China, Germany, Thailand, and internationally. Starbucks Corporation has a market cap of $30.44 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.2, equal to the average leisure industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 30.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Starbucks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Starbucks Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV