- Metal is 100% recyclable, recycled at high levels and can be continuously reused with absolutely no degradation in performance or quality.
- Food and beverage cans are made from steel and aluminum produced on average with more than 50% recycled material.
- Crown is making more containers with fewer resources. For example, during the reporting period:
- Propane usage has decreased by 14%, natural gas by 8% and electricity by 2%.
- Based on these energy reductions, it is estimated that direct greenhouse gases have been reduced by 8%, while indirect emissions are down by 2%.
- Waste-to-landfill levels have been reduced by 15%.
- In 2010 alone, Crown's worldwide operations recycled an excess of 350,000 tons of metal.
- Crown's patented SuperEnd® beverage ends reduce metal use by 10% and make beverage cans even more environmentally friendly. To date, over 300 billion SuperEnd® beverage ends have been produced, saving an estimated 73,500 metric tons of aluminum, 1,200 metric tons of coatings, and 600,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases. That's equal to the annual emissions from more than 110,000 automobiles.
- Investing in employee education, health and safety is a fundamental value at Crown. Employees have access to a variety of mandatory and voluntary training programs in classrooms, online and on-the-job.
- Crown is also committed to the communities in which it operates and supports a number of charitable and local causes, primarily by investing in education initiatives.
- The company's John F. Connelly Scholarship Fund has awarded US$3 million to over 1,400 children of Crown employees worldwide since 1992.
- Crown actively supports The Curtis Institute ( Philadelphia, PA), Brunel University ( United Kingdom) and King Alfred's Academy (Wantage, UK) with financial donations, student sponsorships, the creation of special design and technology projects and more.
Crown Demonstrates Commitment To Sustainability With Launch Of First Formal Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.