Toll Brothers (TOL), which focuses on high-end new homes, gets a "strong buy" recommendation and a five-star corporate rating from Standard & Poor's, its highest recommendations.
And Morningstar is upbeat as well, saying Toll is "one of the more attractive businesses in homebuilding, in our view, represented in part by its narrow economic moat. The firm's well-managed indebtedness, lean operations, and disciplined adherence to the luxury market make it a likely big winner once volumes normalize."Toll Brothers' shares are up 17% in the past three months, but are about break even on the year. It's worth $3 billion. Almost 85% of its shares are owned by institutional investors, about half that by the 10 largest ones, including a 15% stake by Fidelity. The top 10 institutional investors raised their stake by 1.4 million shares in the third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV