The Korea Fund, Inc. (the "Fund") (NYSE: KF), a non-diversified, closed-end investment company, which seeks long-term capital appreciation through investment in securities, primarily equity securities, of Korean companies, today announced its results for the fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2011.
|At September 30,|
|Shares Outstanding *||9,987,077||10,205,577|
|Net Asset Value ("NAV")||$42.17||$46.00|
|Discount to NAV||(11.86)%||(8.70)%|
|Quarter ended September 30,|
|Net Investment Loss||$(1,532,489)||$(696,995)|
|Net Realized and Change in Unrealized Loss||$(123,050,113)||$(76,784,688)|
* In March of 2010, the Fund instituted a share repurchase program. For the fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2011, the Fund repurchased 70,900 shares. As of September 30, 2011, since inception of the share repurchase program, 458,964 shares have been repurchased. The program allowed the Fund to repurchase in the open market up to 5% of its common shares outstanding as of February 22, 2010. On October 31, 2011, the Fund announced a new share repurchase program commencing November 1, 2011. Under the new program, the Fund is authorized to repurchase in each twelve month period ended October 31 up to 10% of its common shares outstanding as of October 31 the prior year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV