Buy a Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic or Piperlime or Athleta card. It really doesn't matter. Any of those cards can be used at all the stores in the Gap family, which is a clever little bid for brand loyalty by Gap but a great coup for holiday shoppers facing a gift list with fickle fashion sense.
Whether you're a silk-shirted Banana Republic customer seeking some post-collegiate style or an Old Navy mom just looking for some cheap jeans, the policy on the $10 to $500 gift card you're using is the same: The card never expires, has no fees, ships for free if ordered online and can be used in stores or on the various brand Web sites.
Even with all those options, it's the little features that add up to a big draw for Gap cards. If there's less than $5 on the card, for example, the user has the option to either reload or get cash back. If that same user decides to shun the Gap brands altogether, Gap will give him or her a check for the value of the unused card.-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV