NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
Global X Uranium ETF (URA) 2.4%
Uranium producers are heading higher, pushing URA to a second day of gains. This strength is welcomed after the fund's steady downward path in the second half of November. The decline caused URA to erase nearly all of the gains from its October rally.
LosersPowerShares India Portfolio (PIN) -2.2% After two solid days of gains, India-related ETFs including PIN and iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index Fund (INDY) are taking a breather, locking in noticeable losses. November has been a rough month for this emerging market giant. It will be interesting to see if it can find some solid ground in December. iShares MSCI South Africa Index Fund (EZA) -1.8% This is one of the ETF industry's biggest gainers during Monday's rally. However, the fund appears to be retreating as we approach the middle of the week. A disappointing GDP reading in the third quarter is doing little to ignite confidence in South Africa. According to Reuters, the nation grew 1.4% during the most recent three-month period. Analysts had been expecting a 1.8% increase. iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) -0.8% For a second day, VIX-tracking ETFs are taking a hit as fear falls by the wayside. This retreat has sent VXX back to its 50-day moving average. Looking to the near term, it will be interesting to see if this level becomes a level of support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV