NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ SunCoke Energy Inc. said Tuesday that it will earn between $1.30 and $1.65 per share in 2012. Analysts estimated SunCoke would earn $1.71 per share next year, according to FactSet.
The Lisle, Ill., coal producer plans to cut capital spending nearly in half next year, as it increases domestic coke production. The company will boost production at its Ohio and Indiana operations while selling more coal at higher prices.
SunCoke, which owns coal mines in Virginia and West Virginia, expects to invest $150 million in company operations in the form of capital spending. That's down from the $280 million it expects to spend by the end of this year. The company said it will spend less in 2012 after completing its Middletown, Ohio, facility.
SunCoke expects corporate costs of between $30 million and $35 million and an effective tax rate between 20 and 24 percent in 2012.SunCoke shares fell 23 cents, or 2 percent, to $11.31 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV