NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The U.S. staffing industry is estimated to grow at 12% in 2011 and 9% in 2012, according to a Staffing Industry estimate.
Industry analysts also forecast that 30% of businesses are likely to hire extra seasonal help this year and some employers plan to keep some of their seasonal workers as permanent staff after the holiday period.
According to a national survey conducted by jobs website Dice Holdings, recruiters and hiring managers foresee a solid hiring scenario during the first six months of 2012, with 47% planning additional hiring during the period, vs. the same period prior year. Also, 21% of respondents plan to adjust their hiring plans upwards, despite the uncertain economic situation.Ford Motor (F) is seeking to hire 7,000 in the U.S. by the end of 2012, while General Electric (GE) has announced plans to add 400 software engineers over the next two years. Toronto-Dominion Bank intends to expand its corporate operations and create more than 1,400 new jobs in South Carolina over the next three to five years. These five stocks have potential upsides ranging from 30% to 67% and buy recommendation of 69% and hold rating of 29%, based on a Bloomberg consensus. The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV