Another inverse head and shoulders setup is taking shape in shares of Syngenta (SYT), a Basel, Switzerland-based firm that gets its commodity exposure as an agricultural chemical producer. Because Syngenta's customers produce soft commodities, its sales are driven by the price levels growers are able to collect in the marketplace.
In Syngenta's case, the neckline level to watch is $64 -- above that price, this stock becomes a high probability trade to the upside. One thing that's immediately apparent on looking at SYT's chart is the abundance of gaps that have been occurring in shares lately. Those gaps, called suspension gaps, are the result of Syngenta's trading off U.S. exchange hours in Zurich. They can be ignored for technical trading purposes.Despite exposure to two different types of commodities, the trading implications in SYT are effectively the same as those in Consol Energy. To see these plays in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio at Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV