Plains All American Pipeline
A similar setup is occurring in shares of Plains All American Pipeline (PAA), a $10 billion oil and gas pipeline stock that currently pays out a 6.17% dividend yield. Plains broke out above a previous resistance level at $63 back in late October, and pushed through to new 52-week highs by the start of November, only to throw back to that newfound support level at $63 more recently. The ideal time to buy is on a bounce off that price.
Buying on the bounce is a crucial part of entering a throwback like either PAA or GLD. That's because support and resistance levels do eventually break; by waiting for a bounce, traders get added confirmation over the strength of that support level. They also see that shares have the investor demand required to spur more upside.It looks like shares of Plains are bouncing early in today's session. If you decide to take this trade, I'd suggest keeping a protective stop at the 50-day moving average. A reasonable near-term target is just shy of PAA's 52-week high at $66.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV