1. Hanesbrands (HBI) is a consumer goods company with a portfolio of apparel brands. The company design, manufactures, source and sells a range of apparels. It operates in five segments: innerwear, outerwear, hosiery, direct-to-consumer and international.
Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 64% recommended a buy and 36% suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $34.71, about 45.5% higher than the current price of $177.95, according to data compiled by a Bloomberg.
Hanesbrands reported total sales of $1.23 billion for 2011 third quarter, up 5% from $1.17 billion in the same quarter prior year. Net income rose 48.12% to $90.8 million from $61.3 billion reported last year for the same quarter. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of Oct. 1, 2011 stood at $48 million as compared to $44 million as of Jan. 1, 2011. Operating margin for the quarter came in at 12.4%, the highest since the company's inception in Sept. 2006.For the fourth quarter, the company expects net sales of $1.2 billion to $1.3 billion, and net sales of $4.7 billion to $4.8 billion for full year 2011. Meanwhile, inventory at the end of 2011 is estimated to be in between $250 and $300 million, higher than year-end 2010 as a result of high inflationary costs. Net capital expenditures for the year 2011 are seen totalling to $90 million, with heavy investments made in the company's infrastructure. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Clothing and Footwear Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV