2.Steven Madden (SHOO) designs, sources and markets fashion-forward footwear and accessories for women, men and children and also sources products under private label brand names for various retailers. It licenses certain of its brands to third parties for the marketing and sale of certain products, including ready-to-wear, outerwear, intimate apparel, eyewear, hosiery, jewellery, fragrance and bedding and bath products.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, five recommend a buy and two suggest a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $45.67, about 35.5% higher than the current price, according to a Bloomberg consensus.
Steve Madden reported total sales of $313.9 million for 2011 third quarter, up 70.5% from $184.1 million in the same period prior year. Net income for the quarter stood at $31.8 million, growing 39% from $22.9 million in the same quarter last year, or 75 cents per diluted share. For the first nine months of 2011, net sales were $688.8 million compared to $474 million in the equivalent period last year.The company recently launched two stand-alone stores at Sandton City and Fourways Mall to establish and consolidate its brands' increasing popularity across the country. For fiscal 2011, the company expects net sales to increase by 49% to 50%, vs. fiscal 2010. Diluted EPS is expected in the range of $2.20 to $2.25. Recently, the company was recognized as the best corporate multitasker for 2011 for acquiring powerhouse businesses, inking lucrative licensing deals and pulling in major star power for its brands, while expanding its retail presence and upping its financial game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV