4. True Religion Apparel (TRLG), a design-based jeans and jeans-related sportswear brand, designs markets, distributes and sells apparel under the brand name True Religion Brand Jeans to consumers in six geographies. The company provides various products including denim, knit and non-denim, and come in tops and bottoms. It operates in four segments: U.S. Wholesale, International, U.S. Consumer Direct and Other, which includes licensing activity.
Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend a buy and 10% rate a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $37.13, about 9.2% higher than the current price, as per a Bloomberg consensus. Citigroup analysts have a buy rating on the stock.
For 2011 third quarter, net sales reported was $108.4 million, up 16.8% from $92 million in the same quarter last year. Net income for the quarter was $12.3 million, increasing 4.23% from $11.8 million in the year-ago quarter. Same-store sales, for 84 stores and e-commerce, increased 10.2% from the year ago quarter.Gross margin expanded by 270 basis points to 64.8%, indicating the company's ongoing efforts shift towards its higher margin U.S. Consumer Direct and International wholesale and retail businesses. During the third quarter 2011, the Company opened three stores bringing the total store count to 105 stores as of Sept. 30, 2011, compared to 89 at the end of the third quarter of 2010. For the fourth quarter, the company expects diluted earnings per share to increase by 10% from 63 cents earned in the same quarter last year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts